Saturday, August 9, 2008

Deadmua5 killed it!! by P.A.T.T.


I usually don't post blogs about DJs I saw at the club last night... but DAMN! Deadmau5 totally rocked my progressive world last night @ WETbar. If you haven't heard about this guy yet, then you need to get Dead! He's been making a huge name for himself around the world, producing some big original tracks as well as remixing tracks for some of my favorite artists like Daft Punk and Hyrbid.

Last night, Deadmau5 opened up his set with a filthy minimal remix of Fatboy Slim's - "Star 69" and almost immediately slammed the dancefloor with an awesome hard electro bass track that shook the house and let everyone know that Deadmau5 was about to rock! He definitely impressed me with the first hour of his set, mixing it up with minimal and progressive sounds as well as dropping a couple of fist pumpin hard electro tracks. Of course, he dropped his remix of Daft Punk's "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger", but this time, he was mashing it up with what almost sounded like Wolfmother's "Mind's Eye", but don't quote me on that. It sounded great though! He also dropped two of my favorite recent progressive tracks: His own original production "Arguru" which is a gorgeous track as well as his remix of Hybrid's "Finished Symphony", both of which brought the whole place down.

I didn't get any good pics of the infamous mousehead he wore off and on while tearing up the booth, but I'll tell you about it: He wore the blue mousehead which if you haven't seen it, is very cartoony looking, but of course is a great visual gimmick and makes the crowd go wild! He also has the eyes of the mousehead hooked up with sound reactive color changing LEDs, which just seals the deal for me, the guy F'in rocks!

So I may have missed the Opening Ceremony of the Bejing Olympics, BUT I SAW DEADMAU5 ON CRAZY 8s!!!



N.A.S.A. Contributor - P.A.T.T.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can reveal that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is quiet a question as you did in the decrease delivery of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=mcfunsoft 3gp video converter 8.0.4.22 ?
I noticed the utter you procure not used. Or you use the black methods of development of the resource. I take a week and do necheg