Sunday, August 17, 2008

Obskure Smackdown!!!!!!

Hello Everyone~~~~

Just Checking in to let you know how much I appreciate every single one of you. This project is coming together quite nicely, I couldn't be more proud. (and there is even more stuff coming thats going to keep pushing us up).

So, lets get down to business. I did a track with my man from Cult Of The Subterranean called Work This Out and you can download it here. This track is pretty much a milestone in my musical career, considering it put a hault to my music creating due to the massive power and simplicity. Its been kind of a looming cloud over my shoulder reminding me how far a simple, yet great melody can take you. After Work This Out was posted, it got the attention of Velveteen Pink member Alfredo, known here as Immuzikation. Immuzikation has been gathering some accolades for his mash up work. His artistic view towards the "mash up" is what is driving this attention. When he mashes tracks, he actually takes into consideration the melodies and keys that the tracks have. What?! A musically educated mash up artist? Hell yeah. Most mashups are off key and dissonant where his are like a freshly laced up pair of Shell Toes. Here is his take on some MGMT + Daft Punk Shizzle



So, Immuzikation approached me about doing an mash up of Work This Out, and I was flattered. I tried to be all cool about it, but inside I was all like " what the fuck?! this is HUGE!" i spent days thinking of what songs he heard on top of mine, what he was hearing that i wasn't. He was actually looking between the lines! Here is the product of his work, I wont tell you what song it was mashed with, I'll only tell you that its called DIE 4 WORK and you can download it exclusively here

I uploaded this track to my myspace and it got my uploading priveleges revoked due to a copyright assertion.

So...........that page may get deleted soon. I hope not tho.

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK EVERYONE!!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!

N.A.S.A. Head Contributor
Mark Jeezy

Photobucket

No comments: