Friday, August 15, 2008

dun-dun-dun-na-na-na-dunna-dun-nana

the other day I was looking over my recently inherited vinyl collection and happened upon this classic record:


I had never seen this particular album before, and was intrigued because I had only been exposed to the original best of the doobies, which featured mostly songs from the tom johnston era of the doobies. that era was not bad, but what really got me about "best of the doobies II" was that it was entirely from the era featuring the blue eyed soul of michael mcdonald. mcdonald joined the doobies in 1976 when johnston had to leave the band due to health issues. god bless illness. in 1979 mcdonald enlisted the help of fellow crooner kenny loggins in what would become the doobies second and last no.1 hit. in fact "what a fool believes" was one of the only non-disco no.1 billboard hits in 1979. unfortunately I don't have an mp3 handy nor could I find one that was already blogged, but here is a fictional account of how the song was created. enjoi.



w.blayne

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little known fact, Skunk is a man of the spirits......


You got a cruel spell on me!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://dcxvssh.com]uYIAx[/url] , cRiENCRNUckjLlb - http://hhmgziigpu.com